BROWN CLEE MEDICAL PRACTICE - PATIENT GROUP
The Brown Clee Medical Practice Patient Group (PPG) is dedicated to working in co-operation with the Practice, to help and support in whatever way we can.
In the last 4 years some of our achievements have been:
* Establishing better communication with the 3,500 patients, via a dedicated Facebook page (over 300 members), a PPG email group (over 50 members), regular PPG meetings, a patient information folder in each of the waiting rooms, and periodic poster campaigns. We have raised awareness of Practice priorities and issues as well as NHS provision in Shropshire.
* Setting up a Compassionate Community scheme, which matches trained volunteers with patients who would otherwise be at risk of social isolation. Currently 12 patients are benefitting and during 2020 we are establishing a sub-group based at the Stottesdon Branch Surgery.
* Promoting activity to patients – we identified a demand for Tai Chi, and set up a group in Ditton Priors which has 18 regular attendees. The patient information folder lists 15 other classes and groups featuring a wide range of activities from meditation to hillwalking.
* Supporting the start of a Men In Sheds Group – this encourages men to get together to work on practical projects, whilst building social bonds as well.
* Representing the Practice – at Shropshire wide meetings and working groups, and at discussions with Healthwatch and the CQC.
We really need YOU to get involved ….. and here are some ways you can do that:
* Attend a meeting in 2020: 20th January, 20th April, 20th July and 16th November, at Ditton Priors Village Hall (7.00 – 8.00 pm)
* Join the Facebook page: Brown Clee Medical Practice – patient page * Get on to the email list by emailing Tina.email@example.com and asking to join.
* Let me know of any concerns you have, or if you want to praise any aspect of the service. All comments will be treated confidentially and will be treated with respect.
* Let me know of ideas you have for other ways that ‘wellness’ for local residents can be promoted.
Christine Ranson (Tina) firstname.lastname@example.org
Chair of the Brown Clee Patient Group 01584 878707